Thursday, January 8, 2009

So there is not much going on in Monkeybug land this week.
We joined a new gym, and I'm happy to have a couple hours to myself every morning now! Even if it is spent feeling like I will surely die at any moment, and being completely bewildered at where in the holy heck all of that jiggling is coming from??? Surely it couldn't be my backside??? I mean, I didn't eat that many cookies did I??? Oh Crap!
We are really excited about going to Disney World in April! We were not planning on going until next year, but with no guarantee that the offer will be extended beyond '09, we thought we better just go while it was cheap! I am a little worried that it's going to end up being the week that Z's class is heading to the White House. (they don't have specific dates yet, we just know it will be sometime in March or April) I would be really bummed if she missed that, but I guess we will have to take our chances. I was surprised that they do background checks on all of the kids (the white house, not Mickey and crew)! I guess you have to watch out for those pesky terrorist tots!


Speaking of the White House, everyone around here is gearing up for the Inauguration. Hotel rooms are booked all they way to Richmond Va. and people are renting out floor space in there living rooms for crazy amounts of money. Bill and I considered renting out our spare room (probably against housing rules) because we could get a lot of money (we are only about 15 minutes from the metro station that takes you to DC) but we are way too chicken to let a stranger stay at our house! If any of you want to come "witness History" (Lord, I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard that in the last few weeks!) you are welcome to it!

We get to go to Medieval Times on Friday! Yay, skinny white nerds with fake swords!! Housing hosts an event every month for their residents (housing is privatized here) and this month they are giving us free tickets, a $200 value for a family of four! We went once before and it was a lot of fun (foods not so great, but whatever) and the kids are really looking forward to it.
I finished reading the Poison Study book. (and magic study too) It was actually really good, so thanks Google Gods! It was not very romancy at all, which is good, because that is not really my fav. genre to read. I would guess that if you liked Twilight, you would like Poison study.

Oh I almost forgot! I totally need some help! One of the kindergarten mommies asked if we would like to do a play date sometime, I told here we would love to! She has a daughter in Z's class, and a son close to J's age, and they live just a block or so from the school. So here is my dilemma- How do I know if she wants me to stay or not? Every play date I have had so far has been with friends, or the moms club, so of course I stay and we chit-chat while the kids play. I have no idea what to do! I don't want to stay if she expects me to go home, and then feel all akwardy and weird, but I don't want to just ditch my kids in her living room and then leave if she expected me to stay!!! AAkkk! What is play date protocol????

Post a Comment